Friday 12 December 2008

Searching, forever Searching

British Arachnological Society

My welcome pack arrive yesterday, so I am very happy at the moment, also I ordered a few books from the various reading lists in my hand book. Namely British Spiders Vol III G.H Locket + A.F. Milidge.

So far I've yet to find a specimen (in Bournemouth) But I will continue, of down to the south west in a few weeks probably have better luck there, mainly because I've seen them before......

Microscope

I'm currently without a decent microscope, but I bought a small £5 field scope from the natural history museum range. Originally thinking it was going to be near useless but I have been presently surprised. I managed to mount my small Nikon coolpix 5600 to the eye piece in an attempt to capture some images, shown below.....

(I was shocked with the detail I managed to capture, click each to see larger)

















No comments: